Ballymena Update

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Madders

Ballymena Update

Post by Madders » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:21 pm

This chap has stepped forward to sponsor our trip to Ballymena, he has offered to pay a substantial part of Barcley Williams for the truck load of tractors to cross The Irish Sea and I for one would like to thank him very sincerely.

http://www.stg.ltd.uk/

Any further offers of help with accomodation etc would be great as a lot of folks are giving up a lot of time and days of lost work to make this happen.

Cheers Chaps :D
[.................................[/size] Image

jimc1390

RE: Ballymena Update

Post by jimc1390 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:48 pm

how much would i like to work for them!!
db 990 selectamatic
case ih 1594 com ed
db 1390 gd90 loader

Madders

Post by Madders » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:54 pm

YEAH, LOOKS THE BUSINESS DOESN'T IT, STILL YOU NEED PATIENCE AND A CALM APPROACH FOR THE BIG STUFF, THAT'S ME OUT THEN!!!!

jimc1390

Post by jimc1390 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:21 pm

managed to get a daf 60 skip wagon stuck in someones garden the other day be ************ if i had something that big to move around!!!! good job 15 was nearby to go and grab for the big rescue pull!!
db 990 selectamatic
case ih 1594 com ed
db 1390 gd90 loader

6-POT-PHIL
Location: Huddersfield, W Yorks. (Home of David Brown Tractors)

Post by 6-POT-PHIL » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:54 pm

That looks a proper firm! Dont think 15 would pull some of those trailers out Jimbo!

THANKYOU STG.

Phil :D
1961 850 Implematic Ex DB test tractor (now sold)
1960 950 Implematic
1970 990 12 speed Selectamatic
1976 996 Loader tractor
1987 'E' 1594 4WD Hydra-Shift
1985 'C' 1694 4WD Hydra-Shift
ImageImage

Six in line sounds mighty fine!!

jimc1390

Post by jimc1390 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:05 pm

fl6 220 WITH diff lock wouldnt even look at it, although the knob who drove it down didnt think to put much in the way of weight on the back end
db 990 selectamatic
case ih 1594 com ed
db 1390 gd90 loader

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:38 pm

Before this turns into a form of truckers `Top Gear` forum gentleman and firsty many thanks to stg for the sponsership and help to the club - however -

The club and commitee members need accomodation for the stay. Any ideas from the Ballymena crowd on a B&B, self catering holiday cottage etc, etc we can book into??. There will be approx 5/6 of us on the journey and if possible accomodation in one place would be an absolute bonus. I like Madders are a man of creature comforts and luxary so camping is out of the question :shock: ( well unless it has a power shower and expresso coffea making facilities :wink: )

Any suggestions - if we do not book early we`ll end up in a heated bus shelter or 1960`s caravan!!! and mucha as we like the last tractor it will not sleep 6!!!!

Come back to us gentleman via the forum or a pm to me or Madders.

Cheers

Andy

Darren880

Post by Darren880 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Hi guys, good news about the transport a very generous gesture by stg.
I'll try and help with the accomodation as I am quite close to the showground. Firstly, are you's bringing a car/jeep or would you be depending on a taxi or a generous db club member from ni to ferry you to your accomodation. There would be quite a few self catering cottages around, but they may be a few miles out of town. The showground is about a 5 min walk from the town centre. The closest budget hotel would be about 10 miles away, there are a few hotels in Ballymena but will cost a lot more. There are B&Bs in the area, Im not sure of the room capacites if they can take you all.
What day are you arriving, How many nights are you planning to stay?
Im off work tomorrow so I'll call into the tourist information and see what they come up with and I'll be in touch.
Darren.

powerfab

Post by powerfab » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:53 pm

Andy,

Does the truck stay at the Showgrounds, or will you be needing accommodation that can provide "secure" parking for a rig?
Will there be any other vehicles coming to over to ferry you all about?

Nigel

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Darren/Powerfab,

hope to hell Chris hasn`t got this organised allready!!!

Its all a bit up in the air at the moment. Chris will be coming with the Foden and trailer and tractors. It then depends on whether we fly in from John Lennon airport or come by an MPV etc via ferry. Are going to price up the support team in terms of ferry or flying etc. Just didn`t want to end up with all of us booked in at 6 different B&B`s spread all over the place - easier if we are all in one place.
Will speak to Madders and will come back to you all, its just if we put it off it will be a last minute job and commandeering the local bus shelter!!

Cheers

Andy

Fatrick

Post by Fatrick » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:07 am

The cheapest Hotel in the Ballymena area is the Holiday Inn in Antrim (10miles from Ballymena). It runs at about £45 per night per double room. And they will be able to take of 6 of you Im sure.

Theres also a few self catering places around outside town, though I cant tell you the price of these. The one I've heard most good stuff about is Vale Farm. It on the Steeple Road in Kells, and about 7 miles from town.

http://www.ballymena.gov.uk/tourism/kel ... dation.asp
'69 DB 780 Selectamatic

powerfab

Post by powerfab » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:29 am

Andy,
Vale Farm is about 2 miles up the road from me. I've heard good reports about the accomodation, but there is no parking for a wagon. A couple of cars wouldn't be a problem.
Rick is spot on with the Holiday Inn, Antrim. I've heard the food isn't bad there either.

Some more details about travel routes, vehicles etc and I'm sure we'll get you sorted out.

Nigel

Darren880

Post by Darren880 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:09 am

Dont worry about parking for the wagon, there is security on at the showgrounds from the Thursday so it would be safe enough sitting there.
Darren.

Madders

Post by Madders » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:58 pm

great! don't want any of these jealous v8 scania pilots abusing the old girl!! lol!!!!

powerfab

Post by powerfab » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:32 pm

I think this place might be just the ticket. £89.pp for two nights B&B

http://www.dunsillyhotel.com/index.html

Nigel