Last tractor and Meltham types to attend Ballymena vintage o

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Madders

Last tractor and Meltham types to attend Ballymena vintage o

Post by Madders » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:25 pm

We have decided to get our act together this end and come over for the weekend with the last tractor and some others with the club shop to enjoy your renowned show and to let some of you folks have a good look at the Last 1594. Darwin spends more time at the museum than I do so it's only fair to let the rest of you lads over there to get a look in!!!!! :wink:

If anyone has any good advice ref. cheapest ferry route/times etc and accomodation for approximately 6 of us from Meltham that'd be great ( thanks Chris I have your pm from yesterday!)

Regards

Mads :D
[.................................[/size] Image

Darren880

Post by Darren880 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:16 pm

Chris, the club will be made most welcome when you come over and it would be a unique opportunity for many to see the last tractor over here. The handiest ferry for you's to get would probably be the overnight boat from Birkenhead to Belfast or from Fleetwood to Larne but them routes would probably cost more than the Cairnryan/Stranraer ferry but then you have the longer drive on the road on your side of the water. Belfast or Larne ports are both 20-25 miles from Ballymena so you'll not have far to drive on this side.
Who all is planning on coming over?
Darren.

darwing1200

Post by darwing1200 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:48 am

Chris If only DB made a Super Floatmaster I would be over even more :lol: Its great to hear your all coming over will be plenty o craic. I would say the Birkenhead to Belfast is your best route, overnight leaving 10.30 pm arriving 6am all while you were snoring and eating your ulster fry breakfast! For accomadation self catering probably would be cheapest for approx 6 people. I could enquire for you. Darwin.

Madders

Post by Madders » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:14 am

if you could Darwin that'd be great..... the guys coming over are

me!
James Firth (1690T)
Antony Marsh
Bob Marsh
Andy Armer (Broadsword)
Mike Funnell
Pete Murray might be persuaded as might Darrel Clegg.

We'll fetch the last tractor, what else do you think we should fill the stepframe with you've been over here enough times!!!

The cutaway? etc etc.....

Chris

Robert10100

Post by Robert10100 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:38 am

Madders wrote: The cutaway? etc etc.....

Chris
What model do you have a cutaway version of?

daithik81

Post by daithik81 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:31 am

when is this show on? I'd like to take a spin up for a look at the last 1594 too.

Darren880

Post by Darren880 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:07 am

The show is on 16th and 17th July at Ballymena Showgrounds. Hopefully we'll get good weather this year the last few years has always been wet but luckily the showgrounds has plenty of hard standing so its never too bad underfoot.

Fatrick

Post by Fatrick » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Damn, you guys coming over this year??? Just typical you would the year Im stuck over here in Canada farming :) I hope your gonna make it an annual coming?

Plenty of B&Bs around town to stay, or if you wanted cheap and cheerful, theres a Holiday Inn down the road in Antrim town, think its about £25 per person per night. B&Bs are around £30-35 per person per night.
'69 DB 780 Selectamatic

darwing1200

Post by darwing1200 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:09 pm

Robert the cut away version is the 900 model. Chris I do think it would be nice to have the cutaway its very unusual. It cant be the easiest to move about! How many tractors can the stepframe hold perhaps you would like to bring your 770.Fatricks idea of Holiday inn would be good too very handy to Ballymena. Only prob with b+b wudnt be likly to get anywhere to take you all in one place. Certainly when the word gets out localy about the last tractor coming its going create a lot of interest.

case1394

Post by case1394 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:47 pm

does the ballymena show get a big crowd would love to get a look at the last 1594,and maybe bring along my 1394 and CE 1594

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:51 pm

darwing1200 wrote:Robert the cut away version is the 900 model. Chris I do think it would be nice to have the cutaway its very unusual. It cant be the easiest to move about! How many tractors can the stepframe hold perhaps you would like to bring your 770.Fatricks idea of Holiday inn would be good too very handy to Ballymena. Only prob with b+b wudnt be likly to get anywhere to take you all in one place. Certainly when the word gets out localy about the last tractor coming its going create a lot of interest.

Darwin - between you and me Chris`s 770 isn`t all its cracked up to be to be honest, all spit and polish, now if you need a lovely looking 73 990 to admire.... 8)

On the subject of the cutaway, the last tractor is of course on of the 6 POT beasties so by the time we`ve loaded it onto Chris`s trailer it will probably have thrown its rods/pistons out of the side so it can be the last tractor/cutaway at the same time :wink: - BOOM BOOM, ITS THE WAY I TELL EM!!!

Cheers.

Andy

Darren880

Post by Darren880 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:34 pm

The Ballymena steam rally would be fairly big with usually over 20 steam engines, 30-40 pre 1930 tractors as well as 2-300 vintage/classic tractors plus a host of vintage lorries/cars etc. It and the show that was at Mount Stewart every year tend to be the 2 biggest shows in NI.
Andy it would be great to see your 990 over, we could even hold a 'hurricane harvester reversing contest' with my harvester, :idea: you would win hands down, I remember watching you reverse it into the museum at Meltham with such ease, you just made it look so effortless. :lol: :lol:
[/url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSdskrVwmpo
Life would be very dull if you couldnt get a laugh once in a while :lol:

Cheers, Darren.

bonserdb

Post by bonserdb » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:36 pm

leave the 6 pot dissing for sunday nights andy. us 6 pot owners can all awnser back then :lol:

matt
proud owner of a beloved bonser90d, 880 selectamatic and 1490 2wd synchro, and the mighty 1594!

StrikerRogers

last tractor

Post by StrikerRogers » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:37 pm

We will give him a bit of a chance and give him an offset to reverse

Madders

RE: last tractor

Post by Madders » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:25 pm

Just googled 'cheap ferry tickets' oh oh!!! we'll need to sell the last tractor to get the artic over....... £742 Stranraer-Larne......the treasurer's going to have a funny turn......

There has to be a cheaper way than this??????????? Help!