help!! need some help with my victor cab

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

davidbrownofhuddersfeild

help!! need some help with my victor cab

Post by davidbrownofhuddersfeild » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:42 pm

hi there,

I am just about to strip and restore my victor cab on my DB 1200. I dont no which parts to paint what colour, i.e the bit behind the wheels. does anyone have any good pictures of it?

cheers!!

John_Allen

Post by John_Allen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:27 pm

The frame should be Chocolate Brown, the sheet metal should be Orchid White.

Glad to see another going to be preserved! We have had one or two posts in the last month or two in favour of restoring the safety cabs rather than fitting new shell wings.

This pic should give you the idea - though the cladding isn't good enough to refit at the moment - another job in the "to do list", along with fitting new side panels and wings that I have had made!

RichardCoaker

Post by RichardCoaker » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:48 pm

Some were red though, the one I took off my 780 was red frame and white tin work.

It does not look like this now, it is stripped down and nearly ready to be sprayed!

Rich
DB 780 Slowly being Restored
DB 1212 Q-Cab
DB 1394 4wd Syncro
DB 1594 4wd Hydra-Shift + Baas loader
DB 1694 Flying Magpie
Case ih 5140
Case ih mx110
McCormick mc115 + Quicke q40 loader

6 in a row, makes it go!

ALSO MR JULY!

marky123

victor cab

Post by marky123 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:38 pm

One of my victors is red inside as well keep restoring them
My david brown 88s ex a plant getting restored new bonnet comeing on monday

RE: victor cab

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:42 pm

If anyone paints their Victor Sta-Dri cab frame red, remember that these were 'poppy red'. I believe the frame was red after 1969.

John_Allen

Post by John_Allen » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Must admit, I haven't seen a red frame - mine is later than '69 as the tractor is a '69 and the cab is a retrofit (i.e. the tractor had shell wings when built). There was another 780 nearby, a "J" reg one with flexi cladding (and "David Brown" above the screen if I remember correctly) from new, it was brown as well. Not sure what happened to that, the owner used to help a local contractor after he retired and used it for baling. Come to think of it, the contractor had a 1200 in the early 70's - metal cladding, brown frame! He kept it until about '76, when he bought a Q-cabbed 1212.

You learn something new every day though, that's the great thing with this forum!!

nevilleporter

Post by nevilleporter » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:42 pm

The only red frame one I ever saw is the selectamatic industrial, it had yellow sheeting and white roof.

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:12 pm

Good on you for restoring the safety cab.

My sister and brother in law have just restored their 69 990 with the same and they look really well when restored. They ignored my origanal advice (thank god :lol: ) to put round wings on it and ditch the cab and restored it fully which is a blessed relief as it now looks stunning, not quite as nice as mine but then theres not many are!!!

Forget preservation of old buildings, perhaps Griff Rhys Jones could concentrate on DB safety cab preservation instead :wink:

Cheers

Andy

John_Allen

Post by John_Allen » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:11 am

Andy,

Obviously I have only seen pics of either tractor but I would guess that yours has one advantage - it hasn't got a name! Doesn't everyone know - inanimate objects don't like having names?

But at least they have a safety frame fitted!!!

vak1c100

Post by vak1c100 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:03 pm

I've only seen one or two red framed sta-dri cabs. One of which was on a press photo which had a 1200 with a loader on.

It would be quite good if there could be a little corner/shrine on the site to these cabs. Or maybe a thread with photographs of them today and archive pictures to help restoring these cabs.

Lee

Alchad

Post by Alchad » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:23 pm

vak1c100 wrote:
It would be quite good if there could be a little corner/shrine on the site to these cabs. Or maybe a thread with photographs of them today and archive pictures to help restoring these cabs.
Lee
All things can be arranged, just give me the bodies, or at least some photos and I'll see what can be done.

Alchad (Shrines-R-Us)

synchromatic

Post by synchromatic » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:48 pm

You know, i threw out a perfect set of victor cab doors belonging to a 1200 about 2 months back because nobody wanted them!
1944 DB VAK1, 1957 DB 900, 1973 DB 990, 1975 DB 996, 1984 DB 1390, 1987 Case IH 1394, 1987 Case IH 1694

marky123

cab doors

Post by marky123 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:40 am

Thats typical im looking for doors usal lol
My david brown 88s ex a plant getting restored new bonnet comeing on monday

davidbrownofhuddersfeild

Post by davidbrownofhuddersfeild » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:18 pm

hi again

I know its a long shot but i am after two victor doors for my DB 1200 or even one. i dont mind where they are in the uk.

Many Thanks

Rubytoads

Post by Rubytoads » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Hope this photo helps. Taken from book Tractors of the World by Michael Williams