victor cabs

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

marky123

victor cabs

Post by marky123 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:59 pm

i got speeking to a few lads at a road run thats got david browns. they had victor cabs on there tractors but took them of and scrapped them why do most people take these old cabs of and bin them i say preseve them every tractor you see has no old cabs/ ive got 3 with victors i think they look great maybe a bit tight to get in but they suit the tractor thanks
My david brown 88s ex a plant getting restored new bonnet comeing on monday

RE: victor cabs

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:08 am

I don't know why these cabs are cut off either, that reminds me that I have to pick up one off a 780 sometime soon. Anyway, I've been looking for one to go on my 880 for the last ten years, far better than the unsightly and unnatural gake show of a roll bar that's currently on it and considering I have loads of new panels, glass and two new grey fabric covers and some doors for Victor Sta-Dri cabs I'd love to get one to refurb, as long as I can find good wing tops the rest of the tin-work for these cabs is fairly straight forward. I believe that the ones that had the soft covering had a different panel above the widscreen.

John_Allen

RE: victor cabs

Post by John_Allen » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:46 am

I'm another "fan" of the Sta-Dri/Victor cab - although I prefer the weatherframe for quality and space.

The lad that sold me the 780 said I should get shell wings for it but I intended to use it for work, so would have need a roll bar. Why spend a fortune when the required safety frame is already there?!

However, even after sandblasting and various protective paints, the sheet metal has expiered. A neighbour is a sheet metal wizard and has made new cab sides and wings for me. He wasn't cheap - but I was after quality and certainly got it!

Tim, I think you are right about the flexi-cladding's front panel, I think it slopes forwards slightly.

I won't put the rest of the cladding, or roof, on for a while - too expensive while other tractors need basic work and, until last year, it wouldn't have gone in the garage! I forgot about this when I put new back tyres on - and pulled a length of timber out of the door frame!

marky123

victor cab

Post by marky123 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:05 am

Thats good lads at least some people are keeping the old cabs all of my victors are very solid and tidy all im missing is doors thanks lads
My david brown 88s ex a plant getting restored new bonnet comeing on monday

vak1c100

RE: victor cab

Post by vak1c100 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:10 pm

We've got a victor cab on our 990 and from doing a bit of research it seems that the majority of 990 4wd's had this type of cab on it. So there will be no taking this one off! The previous owner took the original doors off when he got the tractor and threw them in a skip but was luck enough to get a pair off a member on this forum. we are just looking for a rear fabric cover and fabric side windows.

Has anyone also noticed the "fabric" interior rectangles? Does anyone know what these were for?

Keep the cabs on!

nevilleporter

RE: victor cab

Post by nevilleporter » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:57 pm

We used to have a 990 with a Sta Dri cab but looking at an old photo it had the sloped part above the windscreen but it had a steel roof. A most noisy cab to work in as well as the whine from the gearbox in the high range, it was quiter to use in low 3rd which was between H1 and H2. I saw one at Ballymena today with a radio in it, whether it could be heard or not could be another matter!

WesBrown

Victor sta-dri

Post by WesBrown » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:33 pm

I agree, they look the part, well suited to Browns. I have an old advert from an early 70s Farmers Weekly for Duckhams or Castrol, it shows a John Deere 2030 or similar with a Sta-Dri fitted, I haven't seen them on much other than Browns, has anyone else? :o