Roll Bar for a 1967 990

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Banwee40

Roll Bar for a 1967 990

Post by Banwee40 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:54 pm

Hi where could I buy a roll bar for my 1967 990, I have noticed 2 places for bolts either side of the seat sort of above the rear axle would this be where they fix on. As you can tell I am a complete novice but do appreciate any advice.

Harry

cobbadog
Location: beautiful Coopernook NSW. near Taree. NSW. Australia

Re: Roll Bar for a 1967 990

Post by cobbadog » Sun May 19, 2019 7:11 am

On the 30C which is similar that is where my full sized mudguards fit, but a roll bar could still be fitted at that piont.

philedge

Post by philedge » Sun May 19, 2019 8:25 am

They pop up on ebay from time to time and theres one on at the moment. If you have a look at it youll see crescent shaped plates at the bottom that fix over the top of the axle on each side.
'66 880 Selectamatic rat.

Banwee40

Post by Banwee40 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:35 am

Hi Cheers I have bought the one on E bay,thanks for the info I hadn't noticed it.
Just got to fetch it now.
Would you happen to know what size bolts are needed to fix it to the tractor.
Cheers

philedge

Post by philedge » Mon May 20, 2019 12:07 pm

Have a look on the inboard side of the flange where the reductions join the axle and I think youll find a set of studs which are long enough to remove the nuts and fit the roll bar. Thats how my 880 is.
'66 880 Selectamatic rat.

Banwee40

Post by Banwee40 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:03 pm

Hi thanks for the reply I will check that out.
👍

whesbrook

Post by whesbrook » Fri May 31, 2019 8:27 pm

contact FLATFORD Eng, they will sell you a new certified frame, sent to you on a pallet.