Cropmaster or DB 900 color code in USA

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Gard

Cropmaster or DB 900 color code in USA

Post by Gard » Sat May 11, 2019 10:55 pm

After all the time I have spend on the fenders and battery box cutting, welding sanding and knocking dents out, I decided to try and get the correct color. From the DBTC website the correct color red is Hunting Pink (cherry), the British paint code is BS381C -BS538. It was apparently a lead based paint. I probably should of been more careful about safety when sanding. A search came up with the website www.e-paint.co.uk, under advanced, I picked the range and color, this number comes up with post office red / cherry. You can also see the analysis data based on the average of measurements using various spectrophotometers. None of the local suppliers know how to input these numbers into their mixing machines. The local PPG auto paint supplier can mix a "solid red" that is supposedly the same as post office red but only in their most expensive Delfleet urethane line.

Fortunately the web site also has a list of alternate colors ranked by how close they are. The Australian standard R15 is best but apparently not available in the USA. Close behind is a US federal standard OSHA or DOT "Safety Red". It took several calls but I finally determined the PPG automotive paint code for this is 72639. This is available in a MAE acrylic enamel with hardener. I intend to spray this over a 2 part epoxy primer on the fenders as soon as it warms up enough. It may be a little overkill but I have been happy with this product on other vehicles over the years.

OSHA safety red is also available in a oil based enamel Rustoleum product number K7764. I applied this with a brush to some of the less visible pieces, it is way less expensive than the automotive products. Its OK but next time I think I will use a higher quality brush and try for 2 thinner coats. I did not get around to checking into the possibility of international shipping of paint from davidbrownparts.com.

Following is a photo of the Rustoleum painted parts, I have designed a new seat adjustment and suspension system as the rubber bumpers I have found locally are very stiff. The mini bike shocks were only 10$. I have never seen another red David Brown tractor in person so not sure how close this is. The colors look a little different when outside vs inside on the tractor.
Attachments
KIMG0240_01 (Small).JPG
KIMG0240_01 (Small).JPG (183.06 KiB) Viewed 148 times
KIMG0241 (Small).JPG
KIMG0241 (Small).JPG (117.1 KiB) Viewed 148 times
KIMG0243 (Small).JPG
KIMG0243 (Small).JPG (109.62 KiB) Viewed 148 times
KIMG0244 (Small).JPG
KIMG0244 (Small).JPG (105.59 KiB) Viewed 148 times

cobbadog
Location: beautiful Coopernook NSW. near Taree. NSW. Australia

Re: Cropmaster or DB 900 color code in USA

Post by cobbadog » Sun May 12, 2019 12:07 pm

Nice work with the seat mount and dampening. I too am about to go through this exercise of painting our 30C and have the same issue with paint codes and paint suppliers all being different to one another and it is rare that there is a cross reference to other paint systems. I feel that I will definitely upset some purists and go with a shade of red that I like and quite possibly not Hunting Pink as it looks washed out right from new. I do have a Club member I need to be in contact with as when he painted his D.B. 2Dhe said he used Hunting Pink and had it mixed but it does not look washed out and has a beautiful shine like 2pak paint usually does. At the moment I am away on holidays and as soon as I get back I have to organise a time with the dustless sand blasting to be done and then the proper primer for 2pak paint can go on.
I am hopeful that you can find the colour that works for you and that you are happy with and look forward to your findings. SO far you have done some great research and thanks for sharing.

joeproctor

Re: Cropmaster or DB 900 color code in USA

Post by joeproctor » Sun May 12, 2019 3:28 pm

try massey ferguson super red,or ford rosso red these are close!