1690 Hydraulics

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

GeoffDEAL

1690 Hydraulics

Post by GeoffDEAL » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:03 am

Finally had a go at hydraulic valves, with wheel off and cab mount removed axcess was ok,use of a small suitable mirror gives a good view of valve caps i packed paper towels around valve body top so not to loose anything on valve removal, the cap on by pass valve was slightly loose so removed easily and removed spring and cap then plunger alright. There was no ball under spacer at top and no screen at bottom of plunger, cleaned up plunger with fine paper and put it all back --wasnt sticking on removal, hold valve plunger had no ball in bottom only spacer plate for spring --as 1690 does not have TCU i guess the ball is not fitted, cleaned hold valve plunger -- wasnt sticking on removal and re assembled, no holes were blocked on valves all clean and fine. However on testing with implement on Still no lift can get lift in stops and starts by operating a remote leaver and will lower if draft balance leaver is moved forward as well it lowers on normal lift leaver, there appears a connection with the draft balance control and actual lifting as hydraulics can lift by using remote leaver to effect a stop --start lift. Apart from the experience of doing the hydraulic valves no more was achieved, would appreciate information on sorting this problem. cheers Geoff

jazo

Re: 1690 Hydraulics

Post by jazo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:09 am

Hi Geoff, does it have lower link sensing? 1690 turbo?
1394 4wd
1294 4wd
30D
990x2
780x2

jazo

Post by jazo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:16 am

https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-s ... 5ar1104404
Here is a breakdown of the valve chest, looks to have a ball in the plunger under the washer. Diagram is for a 1594
1394 4wd
1294 4wd
30D
990x2
780x2

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:24 am

Hi jazo yes its a 1690t lower link sensing, all the diagrams show a ball in the hold valve but as i understand it that relates to TCU pressure that the 1690 does not have as such, only draft balance. This is not to say that the by pass screen and hold ball have not been removed --lost -But hydraulics have worked ok in the past.

jazo

Post by jazo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:18 am

I can remember on my father's 1594 we had a issue with the linkages behind the 4 bolt cover on the right hand side of the cross shaft, from memory an arm had come off and the valve didn't know where the linkage was
1394 4wd
1294 4wd
30D
990x2
780x2

jazo

Post by jazo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:22 am

1394 4wd
1294 4wd
30D
990x2
780x2

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:42 am

Well the hydraulics were no different yesterday But today on a curly tyne cultivator worked perfectly for the first time in several years, didnt have time to look at the lower link ajustments but there are several in the manual to check, had put another locating bolt on the lower link as one was missing maybe enough for the lower sensing to operate as it should and therefore the hydraulics to work ? The down side of the day was loosing my back window a bit of virbration through the cab from a rough spot and bang window and bits on the ground, never lost any glass in a cab before but several windscreens in trucks and cars they all go with a bang, but still got paddock worked seed drilled and rolled after.

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:28 pm

Hi it appears the hydraulics are able to work without the 2 valve balls and screen if they were ever fitted on 1690-94 models with lower link sensing, i know the diagram shows them but were they fitted ? or have been removed by someone working on the valves ? The one thing i noticed one can hear the hydraulics working if lift leaver is left right at the top so leave it slightly down, is this normal or relates to what ajustment, i would think it should reach the top of lift and stop as the leavers on these dont have the extra select position. The lower link sensing was probably good when new but after thousands of hours wear and looseness most likely has an effect on it however the balance of it works well on semi mounted ploughs i have found.

ollek

Post by ollek » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:46 am

Try to adjust the return spring, please see the following link https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-s ... 5ar1104748 Slightly loosen the two bolts (ref 10) and knock the spring carrier (ref 9) down until the pump is unloaded, but no further.

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:23 am

Thanks for that information ollek most appreciated. cheers Geoff

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:27 pm

Moving this up as information may help with 1594 thread.