hydraulic david brown

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

danone50

hydraulic david brown

Post by danone50 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:05 am

among you there is someone who uses this hydraulic connection
if yes do you have pictures thank you in advance

jazo

Re: hydraulic david brown

Post by jazo » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:08 am

Depends on what you're wanting to achieve? You have to remove that plate and fit a remote valve or a power beyond plate to get flow from there
1394 4wd
1294 4wd
30D
990x2
780x2

danone50

Post by danone50 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:49 pm

to be able to put a single and double acting dispenser without going through the three-way valve
did you realize this type of connection if you have pictures thank you :wink:

DB780

Post by DB780 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Under the block there are three pipe ends, the rearmost one goes done to the control valve, the middle one comes up from the hydraulic pump and the front one is connected to the tractors internal lubrication system. If you look under the block you will see the rear two are connected whilst the front one is not.

danone50

Post by danone50 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:58 pm

so if I understand correctly it is necessary to remove the block if I want to connect a distributor
on my david brown at the moment i have the return loader and return hydraulic winch

when i bought my david brown it was already like this for the charger i add the back winch

philedge

Post by philedge » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:48 pm

The front tapping is a hydraulic oil return port and the rear tapping is a hydraulic oil feed direct from the hydraulic pump. As others have said, it depends on what you want to do as to how you utilise the tappings or replace the cover. From your pictures your using the return tapping and I guess the supply for the loader and winch are coming from the 3 way valve on the left of the seat?
'66 880 Selectamatic rat.

danone50

Post by danone50 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:07 pm

Yes that's right
I would like in the future to be able to feed a distributor block in single and double effect without going through the three-way valve to operate tools hitched to the back
so without removing the block I can use the rear exit with the same assembly that the one already there
thank you :wink:

jazo

Post by jazo » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:36 am

No using the rear port in your picture will give you nothing. You have to split the flow from the centre pipe and return to the rear pipe under the cover
1394 4wd
1294 4wd
30D
990x2
780x2

cossyrec

Post by cossyrec » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:46 am

danone50

Post by danone50 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:07 pm

okay and after this handling must be put back the block cover

philedge

Post by philedge » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:28 am

jazo wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:36 am
No using the rear port in your picture will give you nothing. You have to split the flow from the centre pipe and return to the rear pipe under the cover
880 manual shows the rear tapping as an oil feed. As I understand it the rear hump on the camels hump connects the flow from the pump to the selectamatic valve with the option of removing the plug in the tapping and connecting an external service. This will connect the pump output to both the external service and the selectamatic valve.

danone50

Post by danone50 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:52 am

si il était possible qu'une personne ayant fait un branchement a partir de ce bloc puisse envoyer une image
se serais bien
encore une fois désolé pour mon anglais aproximatif :D

danone50

Post by danone50 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:52 am

if it was possible that a person who made a connection from this block could send a picture
would be fine
again sorry for my aproximative English :D

philedge

Post by philedge » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:39 pm

If you look in the thread linked to a few posts above, you will see some pictures. Your english is fine:)

DB780

Post by DB780 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:55 pm

If you remove the block and block the rearmost pipe, a suitable bolt with an 'O' ring on will do, this will block the oil supply to the control valve so none of the tractors hydraulics will work. Then you have a constant pressure feed to the loader controls BUT YOU MUST HAVE A RETURNS LINE IN FROM THE LOADER CONTROL BANK TO THE FRONT PLUG LIKE IN THE ATTACHED PHOTO.
IMG_0499.JPG
IMG_0499.JPG (209.43 KiB) Viewed 1776 times