Lost 3pl hydraulics

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER - Please be aware that any views expressed or advice given on the Forum are purely the opinion of the relevant poster. The David Brown Tractor Club Ltd does not endorse any of the views expressed, or advice thus given. Forum Visitors should be aware that any action they may take as a result of such information is taken at their own risk.

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 19/09/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

taylor6632

Lost 3pl hydraulics

Post by taylor6632 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:33 am

Yesterday I drove my 996 the few miles to check the sheep, then hitched on the hay Turner to move it out the way, then parked up in the barn. This morning, started up and no linkage hydraulics.

I've recently changed the filter and oil so know filters only done about 3 hours. Can someone please help me with a process to diagnosing the problem? I've been reading other posts on here but it's not overly clear where to start when the hydraulics just drop out overnight.

Thanks.

ollek

Re: Lost 3pl hydraulics

Post by ollek » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:46 am

The problem is most likely a blocked filter and re4strictor washer inside the by pass valve. remove the small plate to the rear of the 3-point hitch operating lever, undo the outer plug, pull the valve out of the drilling, undo the small brass plug from inside of the valve and clean the parts. Please see the following link https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-s ... 4ar1289784 The small plate is ref 33 in the following link https://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-s ... 4ar1305679 The functioning, adjusting and basic fault finding for the Selectamatic hydraulic system can be found in the following link to one of the pages on this web site. https://dbtc.co.uk/index.php/informatio ... lic-system

taylor6632

Post by taylor6632 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:58 pm

Brilliant thanks, I can't seem to get the dump valve split apart, is there a grub screw or pin holding it together?

ollek

Post by ollek » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:51 pm

Why do you want to split the dump valve apart? Undo the dump valve from the valve chest and lift the valve out together with the small plate. Be careful not to do not drop anything inside the rear axle. A leaking dump valve will effect the hold position but has nothing to do with the no lift situation.

taylor6632

Post by taylor6632 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:06 pm

It's leaking anyways so thought as it's coming out to get at the bypass filter bit I'd replace the seals :)

taylor6632

Post by taylor6632 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:15 pm

Sorry, I should have mentioned that about the dump valve, haha. I can see now why it was confusing. The small spring under that valve, is it fairly planted or likely to fall into the axle?

ollek

Post by ollek » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:27 pm

The valve below the dump valve is the hold valve and the hitch will not hold and will start to hiccup when the height control is selected if the hold valve is leaking. The valve nearer to the wheel is the by pass valve and a leaking by pass valve will lead to no lift at the 3-point hitch. The filter, the restrictor and the brass plug are inside the by pass valve. All parts and the order they are fitted into can be seen in the drawings I have sent earlier. The spring on top of the hold valve (below the dump valve) can drop down if you are not careful removing the dump valve.

taylor6632

Post by taylor6632 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Thank you again for your help, I can't get the bypass valve undone, it's not reverse threaded is it? Had flat head bit on end of the socket and ratchet but it ain't moving and don't want to chew the valve nut head up.... This tractors being a right little pain this year!

ollek

Post by ollek » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:51 pm

You need a bit called drag link socket. See the attached link. https://www.ebay.com/bhp/drag-link-socket The bit must be as thick as possible so it just fits in the groove in the plug.

taylor6632

Post by taylor6632 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Yea thought I had one but it's gone. Going down local tool place tomorrow to see what he's got in.

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:19 am

Hi a piece of foam rubber pushed in around the valve will stop loosing bits when you remove valves, hi density foam cut to shape or clean piece of rag also works, good luck with it.