case 380ck rim code/size.

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

dbcaseuser

case 380ck rim code/size.

Post by dbcaseuser » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:15 pm

I bought all the manuals for my 380ck (DB885 I think), but cannot find them for some reason.
Does anyone maybe know what the rear tire rim code and dimensions are. Mine is rusted out and i have to get a new one but suppliers dont want to help me based on actual measurements. They will only ship if i have the codes.
If it will help, some photos attached.
Thanks
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (94.1 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (39.54 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (54.86 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (36.54 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (40.17 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (28.58 KiB) Viewed 1833 times
Last edited by dbcaseuser on Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ollek

Re: case 380ck rim code/size.

Post by ollek » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:09 pm

The following is a link to the Case Construction on line parts catalogue, showing the rear wheel, for the 380 CK https://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-s ... 6bi24526-2

dbcaseuser

Post by dbcaseuser » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:17 pm

Thanks.
I used that code at the suppliers and they said it doesnt compute.
They are looking for a number on the Rim itself. Mine is rusted/painted over so there is no visible rim number.

cobbadog
Location: beautiful Coopernook NSW. near Taree. NSW. Australia

Post by cobbadog » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:10 am

Not sure if knowing the rim size will help and it is a 12.00" x 24"
Rims are measured at the point where the bead of the tyre sits. So for the width of your rim you measure the distance between the inside of both flanges. Then you need the diameter of the rim at the same flange. A proper rim tape is made of balls connected together that sit in the flange area and this gives you the exact diameter and the measure the width normally.
But I am guessing that they also need to know the offset of the mounting points for the naïve plate to bolt to and a spare parts guy might not know anything about that info.
Maybe take the old one into them and say "I want one of these" please. Many years back I worked for a Company that had a wheel manufacturing plant as a side line they could make any type of wheel you want either from existing drawings or from a sample. So if you get no joy from the dealer look up a wheel manufacturing plant and give them a call.

Lofty

Post by Lofty » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:35 am

Find a supplier with a clue. Anyway, that rim doesn’t look bad. Mine looked worse and they cleaned up ok.
Last edited by Lofty on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lofty

Post by Lofty » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:05 am

BTW I was able to buy rims in that size from my local wrecker, so you might try that. He said DB rears were interchangeable with Ford and Ferguson ones of that era.

cobbadog

Post by cobbadog » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:12 am

Lofty might have saved the day. Clean up what you have to get a good understanding of the true condition. Then if not happy buy some replacements and cut off the old and weld onto the new. It really isn't hard to do, you could even use the tractor hub as a jig to tack weld the parts in place.

joeproctor

Post by joeproctor » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:20 pm

when you are measuring the rim width,measure where the tyre sits on the inside of the rim .i make that a 11" x 24"

bedwards1966

Post by bedwards1966 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:36 pm

That rim looks fit for many years use yet, wire brush the rust and fit an innertube and don't worry about it for a few years. Or, make a good job of cleaning and painting it and it'll be good for the next twenty years.

cobbadog

Post by cobbadog » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:48 am

Rim size should also be stamped on the flat facing the inner tube as well. The shadow makes it tricky on the tape but yes measure the inside of the flanges.

dbcaseuser

Post by dbcaseuser » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:23 am

That rim might look nice in the photos but it is rusted down to 1mm at the valve. I will TIGweld it and build up the metal in that area again and redrill a valve hole, paint and keep the rim a a spare.

Thank you all for the kind and helpful responses. I get no help from the suppliers and not even CASE stocks it anymore (or even know the exact dimensions - real great "nut-CASE" customer service) so I will make a few visits at salvage yards as you suggested.

Thanks a lot.