looking for flexi brake pipes

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER - Please be aware that any views expressed or advice given on the Forum are purely the opinion of the relevant poster. The David Brown Tractor Club Ltd does not endorse any of the views expressed, or advice thus given. Forum Visitors should be aware that any action they may take as a result of such information is taken at their own risk.

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 19/09/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Mr dino

looking for flexi brake pipes

Post by Mr dino » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:57 pm

looking for front flexi brake pipes for my 885 highways model David Brown parts don't list them. Any ideas folks, mine are so rotten
It's sort of yellow and rust

tomryall

Re: looking for flexi brake pipes

Post by tomryall » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:01 pm

A good hyd repair shop should be able to make them up.I got them made up years ago for an international 784 with a sekura cab, it used to crack the steel ones that were on from new.I think they used 1/4" hyd hose,never gave anymore trouble.

cobbadog
Location: beautiful Coopernook NSW. near Taree. NSW. Australia

Re: looking for flexi brake pipes

Post by cobbadog » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:34 am

Here in NSW Australia all flexible brake hoses must be made by a manufacturer or one that is licenced to do so. Hydraulic hoses are not allowed even though they would be rated at a higher pressure.