dash surround

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER - Please be aware that any views expressed or advice given on the Forum are purely the opinion of the relevant poster. The David Brown Tractor Club Ltd does not endorse any of the views expressed, or advice thus given. Forum Visitors should be aware that any action they may take as a result of such information is taken at their own risk.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

dash surround

Post by 770 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:35 pm

I am restoring a 1494,the dash surround was butchered by a previous owner, I have sourced a replacement that is worn in some spots. has anyone painted one of these dash surrounds, is it a success or a failure?

joeproctor

Re: dash surround

Post by joeproctor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:52 pm

it is plastic, you will need to apply a plastisizer to the paint,i dont think you will get the same texture as original?

dextaboy1

Post by dextaboy1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:34 pm

Hi 770, I sprayed the dash surround on my 1394 with textured a grey plastic paint from an aerosol can, the effect is fine for what I am looking for but no good if you want a show winner. the shade of grey I have is lighter and more textured. My dash was not damaged with cracks etc but was very tarnished with sun and general dirt with a dark greyish red showing through on the removable panel. It came up like new, when next out in shed I will dig out the can I used and let you know.

Post by 770 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:26 pm

thanks for the reply's guys. I was talking to a professional industrial painter, he was saying to use 123 bullseye primer. I am going to give him the cover over the brake/clutch fluid reservoirs and paint the inside to see how it comes out.

Micah68jsp

Post by Micah68jsp » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:08 pm

Hello 770. I own a red 1494 and would like to refurbish the electronics including the instruments and dash. I was curious if anyone knows whether or not salvaged dash parts from a 1594 or 1394 are the same as 1494 parts? There seem to be many 1594s in salvage here in the states but few 1494s.

GeoffDEAL

Post by GeoffDEAL » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Hi there is no difference in the 1394 or 1494 dash units on cab tractors i have a red 1394 and white 1494 even the 1690t is the same except for the air con knob, would think 1594 would be the same as well.

skyrydr2

Post by skyrydr2 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:47 pm

If it has a cab they are the same.
Here in the US it seems the Case guys that owned big acreage were not very fond of the 1594s as they had poor transmissions and a bad oil pump early on giving them a bad rap.
Then in 87 they stopped making them. This was a kiss of death for the '94 series and they got beat into the ground and junked.
Very sad, if they had been marketed proper they would not have made it into the central US where you need big power and good shifting trannys.
Here in the north east they are great ! Great power to weight and durable.
Here there is no where your going to pull hard for more than a few minutes at a time unlike out west, you can pull hard for hours on a single pass .