C25 hydraulics

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Ajax123

C25 hydraulics

Post by Ajax123 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi all. I've all but given up on finding a front loader for by db d25. I am now investigating rear end loader instead. Unfortunately jndont know much about trafyirs yet having never had one beford this obe. Have seen a few rear loaders on eBay but need to know if there is a hydraulic take off anywhere on the back end. Can't find anything that looks like a lug to screw a hydraulic pipe into. Anyone know where I should be looking of if I'm wasting my time...

db2d

Re: C25 hydraulics

Post by db2d » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:47 pm

A two way valve has to be connected to the front of the three point linkage hydraulic cylinder. The valve location is on the front left side of the rear axle, behind the driver’s left leg.
This valve was an optional extra for the operation of auxiliary equipment.

Ajax123

Post by Ajax123 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:15 pm

Many thanks

Ajax123

Post by Ajax123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:18 am

Ok. Next question then. If it isn't there as in the valve, which does not seem to be installed, is a retro fit fairly straight forward....

db2d

Post by db2d » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:50 pm

The valve assembly can easily be fitted by someone with average mechanical skills.
Breakers or eBay is probably the best option.

dbiow

Post by dbiow » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:32 pm

My 25d is fitted with the valve, I will get a pic or 2 for you so you have half a idea what your looking for. Hopefully you find one.
db2d wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:47 pm
A two way valve has to be connected to the front of the three point linkage hydraulic cylinder. The valve location is on the front left side of the rear axle, behind the driver’s left leg.
This valve was an optional extra for the operation of auxiliary equipment.
While this is being discussed is there a easy/ correct place to plumb in a free flow return on a 25 for running a log splitter etc? I know it would be slow. I’m being curious and pondering rather than In need :lol:
885 q cab and 25d on the Isle of Wight.

db2d

Post by db2d » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:04 pm

The oil can be returned through the gearbox filler plug but prolonged use is not recommended because the gearbox bearings will be deprived of oil.
An independent PTO driven pump is a much better option.

Ajax123

Post by Ajax123 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:50 pm

Pro driven might well be a better option as it will only be for a loader unless her I doors will let me buy more things... Any suggestions on make of pto driven pump...

dbiow

Post by dbiow » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:54 pm

One option is to find a knackered hedge cutter, that gives you pump, oil tank, and spool block.
885 q cab and 25d on the Isle of Wight.

Ajax123

Post by Ajax123 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:37 pm

Those pics might be helpful. Only thing in the front if the rear axle is a round plate with 3 bolts in it. Theres One either side actually.

db2d

Post by db2d » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Behind the round plate on the left side there is a banjo bolt. The banjo bolt has to be removed and replaced with the valve assembly. The plate on the right hand side does not have anything behind it.

Ajax123

Post by Ajax123 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Aha... light begins to shine. Now... where can i get the valve assembly... is it a special assembly or can I get a modern off the shelf unit.

Sorry for all the seemingly dumb questions... I guess we all had to learn once though eh.

db2d

Post by db2d » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:02 pm

It is a special DB valve unit and I have never seen a substitute. They do occasionally appear on eBay. Try tractor breakers.
Do not become confused with the more modern DB three way valve unit that is not a suitable alternative.

Ajax123

Post by Ajax123 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Don't suppose you are able to point me towards any pics of what I'm looking for. I've got a guy local to me who has a load of db hydraulics valves available so need to have some clue what I'm looking for. Can't find a parts manual with anything useful in it.

Ajax123

Post by Ajax123 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:58 pm

GAHHGHGHGHHHH!!!! its a nightmare...