suspension seat for 990 implematic

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Gard

suspension seat for 990 implematic

Post by Gard » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:15 pm

I have recently installed a new suspension seat on my 990 Implematic The problem in finding a modern replacement is the limited space between the shift levers and 3 point hitch top link, especially when fitted with a winch which has the top link angled upward.

Previously I had heated and bent the shift levers forward to allow a little extra room

I used a model P6086 compact seat suspension mounted sideways, it has 4 inches of suspension travel, varying between 5 to 9 inches high, The max height and suspension travel can be reduced and it can be adjusted for operator weight, it has springs, a shock absorber and scissor type mechanism. An adapter base was fabricated with 2x2 x 1/4 angle welded to 2x3x1/4 plate.

The 8390 seat I initially purchased was too large front to back and was returned for a model 8256 seat. It is attached to the top of the suspension with 2 more pieces of flat stock and some spacers. The slide was removed from the seat. I am sure an original style seat pan with cushions could be made to work with this suspension also. I will have to re plumb the auxiliary hydraulic line if I ever need it

Total cost from tractorseats.com is around 500$, They have dimensions of these units on the web, They are made oversea so there may be alternate less expensive sources, I am happy with the result.
Attachments
PA012665.JPG
PA012665.JPG (99.84 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
PA222682.JPG
PA222682.JPG (101.87 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
seat smaller.jpg
seat smaller.jpg (57.19 KiB) Viewed 1002 times
suspension smaller2.jpg
suspension smaller2.jpg (134.17 KiB) Viewed 1002 times