DBTC magazine.

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Scooby

DBTC magazine.

Post by Scooby » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:50 pm

Received mine today. Good read as usual but will you PLEASE PLEASE stop writing photo captions against a background that it is impossible to read. Photos are worth a thousand words but when the two are combined then it makes for a very well structured journal assuming that the photo can be explained.

There are quite a few instances in the latest Mag. where this occurs. Please remember that, by definition, most of your members/readers are getting on a bit and do not have binocular vision.

Otherwise thanks for your efforts.

David
ImageImage

Three is twee, four does snore, but 6 just clicks........Scooby

joeproctor

dbtc magazine

Post by joeproctor » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:12 pm

while on the subject of the magazine ,has any one got anything that they think might make interesting reading for tractor news,maybe some one who has used and still does use db tractors to farm their land,or acontractor who still works withdb tractors with pictures ,etc.
regards
joe

RayG

Post by RayG » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:41 pm

Joe I don't know if you can help. In the magazine it asks for articles in microsoft word. I have an article in Jarte is this compatible or will I
have to find someone to put it in word format thanks Ray G

joeproctor

magazine

Post by joeproctor » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:05 pm

hello ray,
if they ask for advertising material in microsoft word then they obviously cant convert the material to what they need have a word with peter murray,he can sort these type of problems usually
regards
joe

RitchieLeslie

Magazine - article offer

Post by RitchieLeslie » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:24 pm

I would be pleased to write an article on how a software sales manager ended up with a farm and a 990, if anyone would be interested. At the very least I can write about the challenges of keeping a Brown running in a climate that ranges from -25C to +30C every year.....

If you guys want an article, contact me with length, layout and illustration guidelines and I'll put a draft together for you.

Madders

RE: Magazine - article offer

Post by Madders » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:40 pm

Good to hear from you, this is exactly the kind of thing we are looking for I'll raise this issue with commitee and someone will contact you regarding length and format etc.

many thanks

Chris Maddison
DBTC
[.................................[/size] Image

jonferson

RE: Magazine - article offer

Post by jonferson » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:01 am

My two david browns get used nearly every day on my my farm to feed the animals, make and bring in the hay and many other general duties.

I have a 1494 with a db HD 90 loader which is my main tractor is used for all the feeding and untill last year did all the work on the 100 acres we farm and is now backed up by an older 1594 to help with some of the duties which are much easyier with two tractors and hedgecutting.

The bulk of the work is done on farm and we only really use contractors to wrap the round bales as i havent got a wrapper yet apart from that my two 94's do everything