Guess nobody else knows of one

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

keith

Guess nobody else knows of one

Post by keith » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:05 pm

Happy new year to all I recently made a post asking if anyone new of any cabless 1190s here I seem to have had a lot of views but no comments it looks like this might be pretty rare in the U.K. any information would be good Thank you Keith.

GeoffDEAL

Re: Guess nobody else knows of one

Post by GeoffDEAL » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:49 am

Hi Google David Brown 1190 there are cabless ones there, have seen some on Trademe for sale here in New Zealand as well. cheers Geoff

db2d

Post by db2d » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:03 am

Does the tractor have a safety frame ? Some pictures would be beneficial.

DB780

Post by DB780 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:56 am

You need to think outside the box (as they say) and look for somewhere that make/sell control cables.

ollek

Post by ollek » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:08 am

The OP tells that the tractor is "cabless", with a double "s" at the end of the word (without cab). I have the feeling that most European countries (including UK) demanded safety cabs (or at least a safety frame) during the dates the 90-series tractors where produced. Countries like US, Canada, New Zeeland and African countries accepted new non cab tractors to be sold.

jazo

Post by jazo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:38 am

I have never seen a cabbed 11 or 1290/94 in New Zealand, not saying there is none but they definitely aren't very common
1394 4wd
1294 4wd
30D
990x2
780x2

ollek

Post by ollek » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:25 am

And I have never seen a non cab 90- or 94-series tractor in Finland. A safety cab on all agricultural tractors have been mandatory in this country started from somewhere around 1970 and in UK from 1976. The maximum allowed noise level was in these countries 90 db(A) for a start, but was then reduced to 85 db(A). The vast majority of 90- and 94-series tractors in Europe have therefor a full, noise insulated, cab with a floor, all separated from the tractor frame with 4 rubber cushions to get rid of vibrations generated by the engine and the transmission. In UK, Ireland and some other countries the so called Q-cab was used. This cab did not fulfilled some legislations in force in the Scandinavian countries, and northern Europe therefor used a cab made by Sekura and called S74. This cab was then replaced with a new and more modern cab to be fitted to the 90- and 94-series.. The cabs with a floor were fitted at the tractor assembly line. Maximum allowed vibrations for hands and whole body were also introduced. All this made it impossible to sell tractors without a full cab. There are still countries that do not demand a safety cab on ag tractors. Perhaps tractors overturning and drivers getting killed or badly injured or getting hearing problems is not an issue in these countries.

keith

Post by keith » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Thank you all for your replies and firstly I must apologise for the typing error it should have read CABLESS not CABLES and I did correct this later this tractor has most likely been an export model that either did not make the trip or was re-imported at some stage at the moment it is stripped down to chassis level so photos wont help much it was fitted with an after market roll bar when I purchased it but it also has the lower part of a O E type roll bar which comes to the top of the mudguards secured with large U bolts like on pre Q cab tractors but no top section would there be any records on serial numbers I wonder? any more thoughts would be appreciated

ollek

Post by ollek » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:57 am

Please supply the model and serial numbers as stamped on the top, front part of the engine frame (right hand side).

keith

Post by keith » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:05 pm

Thank you for your interest Ollek the numbers are as follows 1190 \90\ 11036004