Oil seals 50TD crawler

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

erikstenvall

Oil seals 50TD crawler

Post by erikstenvall » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:32 pm

Hi
Does anyone know what kind of oil seal the "Perfect 225112N" is that fits to the PTO shaft on my 50TD crawler. Part no 24719. Where to buy a new one? The one fitted was a "Burtonwood 162x225x10 2700" but can´t find any like it.
Also need new oil seals to the outgoing shafts for the steering brakes right and left side, don´t know the part no.
Thanks
Erik

db2d

Re: Oil seals 50TD crawler

Post by db2d » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Could you measure the diameter of the shaft, seal diameter and width in inches please. I think it maybe the same size as a VAK1 seal

erikstenvall

Post by erikstenvall » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:17 pm

Sure but I won't be able to do that untill the end of the week. I was so sure the numbers on the seal was enough but apparently not.
Regards
Erik

db2d

Post by db2d » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:32 am

I think the seal for the PTO shaft is 1 5/8 x 2 1/4 x 3/8 inches with a double lip.
If this is the size you require, one is available.

John.Newman

Post by John.Newman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:26 pm

Erik
I did a cross reference check using the SKF cross reference website and found the following information

PTO seal 225112N x references to SKF13671, shaft size 1.375", OD 2.25", width 0.313"

Diff pinion shaft David Brown p/n 13353 goes to SKF # 17746, shaft dia 1.75", OD 3.194", width 0.313"

When I restored my 50TD, I had no trouble obtaining bearings and seals and I used one of my local industrial bearing & seal suppliers.

Hope this helps.

erikstenvall

Post by erikstenvall » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:52 pm

Thanks John, I got hold of bearings and seal in the end. PTO axel is now in place and test drive is soon to come. Trying to get the forum to send me mail when someone replies to my posts but can´t fix it.
/Erik