1690t

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

mart1602

1690t

Post by mart1602 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:04 pm

wondering what you lot think of doing a 1690t in magpie colour sceam ,i think its the smartest paint sceam of all and easier to do.

JamesF

RE: 1690t

Post by JamesF » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:14 pm

It would de value the tractor in my opinion

mart1602

Post by mart1602 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:15 pm

do you think so? its not going into preservation have seen a couple on youtube one with white wheels and one power red ,dont like the white wheels

ollek

Post by ollek » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:46 am

People are painting their tractors in the most peculiar colours. I think that any other colours than the one used at production will devaluate the tractor as it is not original anymore.

DB780

Post by DB780 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:48 am

It only de-values your tractor if you intend to sell it, also once it's repainted it's not original anyway because it's been repainted. Do what you want to it's your tractor but try and avoid JD green and yellow :!:

case-ih1594

Post by case-ih1594 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:28 am

I'd definitely avoid repainting in any colour other than original. I think the nature of restoration is a duty to keep things as original as possible, unless unavoidable, or not obvious. If a tractor had been made up from several tractors then you would have more scope to make modification such as to the colour.

The 1690T is a fairly rare and unique DB, being one of the last DB's to have the DB name, and final colours. As mentioned, any repainted tractor loses some originality to a degree, but this is often unavoidable and can be mitigated by using colours and finish as close to the original as possible.

There will always be a few exceptions, in my opinion, such as tractors (re)painted in a company livery which I think should retain that colour as it enhances their identity. I would expect most people on here would agree that keeping the tractor in the original colour scheme is the best idea, but this does not mean it is right for your particular tractor.

ollek

Post by ollek » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:07 pm

And changing colours and decals can lead to lots of misunderstandings. There have been posters on this forum that have bought a white tractor with Selectamatic stickers, believing that is what they have got. The answering on technical issues have then reviled that the tractor is in fact an Implematic.

mart1602

Post by mart1602 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:56 pm

i can see what your all saying but we are only talking about painting chasis black instead of power red ,its not undoable at a latter date i am undecided as of now yes its a rare tractor but not a big value tractor as of now maybe in 20 years time.there was a lot of white tractors painted in the case red colours .

dexta

Post by dexta » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:17 am

i suppose a mild colour change isn't too bad, i've done me cropmaster red but decided on blue outer rims, its easily undoable, but for now they are done in the French blue like the 900s, partly because I wanted to and partly for security. people may well remember it more if is taken as the blue rims will draw attention rather than all red so it doesn't stand out and looks like the rest and isn't so memorable
Cheers

Dex

joeproctor

Re: 1690t

Post by joeproctor » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:56 pm

not my preferance but if its your own you can do as you like! i have just painted a grey fergie pink,my grand daughter liked it so much thats all she wanted for christmas! but harry ferguson will be turning in his grave!

the pink fergie went to the 'house wife of cheshire' lol