help with driveshaft for 1394 4x4

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

snowman4evr

help with driveshaft for 1394 4x4

Post by snowman4evr » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:48 pm

Hello guys, I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with locating the shaft and both collars for the front differential for my 1394. I having trouble locating one over here across the big water in the states.

numbers off of tractor

drivers side top of frame next to engine--K955200F

passenger side top of frame next to engine--V394/BBC/11137204

drivers side top of axle--DB13U/265

ollek

RE: help with driveshaft for 1394 4x4

Post by ollek » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:25 am

First of all, be aware of that the "drivers side" in UK is the right hand side and the "passengers side" is on the left. This is opposite to the positions in the US. Then, the number K955200FK is the part number for the front main frame, see attached link, ref 1 http://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-se ... 0ar1159797 . To find the correct model and serial numbers for your tractor, please see the following link http://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-se ... 70ar750770 I think that you have an US version of the 1394 4wd with same size wheels front and rear, or have you modified the tractor back to the basic system with smaller wheels at the front. In Europe we only have the basic 4wd versions, not the modified version with same wheel size front and rear. The following links shows the cardan shaft for the normal version The following link shows the cardan shaft for tractors with serial number up to 11503001 http://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-se ... 70ar995609 and the following link for tractors with serial number 11503001 and higher. http://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-se ... 70ar995692 Some of the parts also have the Carraro numbers mentioned, if that helps. I have no information's for the same size wheel tractor. In Europe we try to visit tractor scrapyards to get parts that are not available any more. I do not know of any reproduced shafts and couplings and all original stock is long gone.

JimCochrane

RE: help with driveshaft for 1394 4x4

Post by JimCochrane » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:14 pm

snowman4evr

Re: help with driveshaft for 1394 4x4

Post by snowman4evr » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:25 pm

snowman4evr wrote:Hello guys, I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with locating the shaft and both collars for the front differential for my 1394. I having trouble locating one over here across the big water in the states.

numbers off of tractor

drivers side top of frame next to engine--K955200F

passenger side top of frame next to engine--V394/BBC/11137204

drivers side top of axle--DB13U/265
Thanks guys, Olek, I believe I had the model/serial # in my post. that second number i had listed. also according to the post link you sent--thank you by the way, that is where i got the model # for the carraro axle. our tractor has the 38 rears and 24 fronts. This is factory setup according to my manual. I cant find one anywhere around here at the scrapyards. I have found a new one along with new couplers if I want to drop over $600 dollars US. For that price I could have one machined! I have been looking at my pto driveshaft on my auger. while i haven't tried it, it looks like it might work if i cut the slip safety coupling off. what you think?

ollek

RE: Re: help with driveshaft for 1394 4x4

Post by ollek » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:18 pm

I do not think the splines on the pto drive shaft and the 4wd cardan shaft are the same.

jazo

Post by jazo » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:06 am

Hi, I have replaced the couplings before using a pto coupling from sparex. Still working!
1394 4wd
1294 4wd
30D
990x2
780x2

snowman4evr

Post by snowman4evr » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:20 pm

thanks guys for the advice. Jazo you have gave me hope! Its worth a shot. Iam anxious to get the 4wd working as it hasnt worked since i bought the tractor. It had an unusual transmission under it. between the front axle and the dropdown box. I will reply back and let you all know how it went.

snowman4evr

Post by snowman4evr » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:14 am

Well, sorry it has taken me so long to get back on here, but its been a hectic summer with a little one on the way and the house building. I finally got back to the big white machine and SUCCESS! I bought a used pto shaft, had to cut it down to size a bit, Change out the yolk for one that the push button, but it worked! This tractor is like a tank. Its unbelievable how I got along without it for so long. Now... I need to find an fwd engagement cable for it. The saga continues.

case-ih1594

Post by case-ih1594 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:23 am

That's a success.

DB tractors just like to be fixed !