AUCTION SUNDAY 6TH DECEMBER AT HQ

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

Madders

AUCTION SUNDAY 6TH DECEMBER AT HQ

Post by Madders » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:37 pm

AUCTION THIS COMING SUNDAY 6TH DECEMBER AT HQ!!
.... SO FAR WE HAVE:-
1 X SHOW STANDARD 885
1 X 780 IN EX FARM STRAIGHT CONDITION
1 X 885 NARROW
1 X 3800 GASOLINE IN LOVELY ORIGINAL CONDITION

1 X DB BACK ACTOR COMPLETE BUT FOR THE MOUNTING BRACKET

ALMOST 200 LOTS OF LEAFLETS, BROCHURES, MANUALS, BOOKS, DECALS, MODELS, MEMORABILIA ,ETC ETC INSIDE THE BUILDING.

AGAIN , ALMOST 150 LOTS IN THE YARD INCLUDING ENAMEL SILENCERS, ENGINES, AXLES, PANELS, LIGHTS ETC ETC

BIDS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM BIDDERS SHOWING A BUYERS NUMBER AVAILABLE FROM THE DESK IN THE MUSEUM FOR THE USUAL FEE OF £1 HOWEVER, THIS YEAR THERE IS A RETURNABLE DEPOSIT OF £1 FOR THE BUYERS NUMBERS AFTER PLENTY OF THEM WEREN'T RETURNED AFTER THE SALE IN MAY.

IT'S STILL NOT TOO LATE TO ENTER LOTS, BY EMAIL maddisonc@aol.com
OR BY PHONE BETWEEN 0900 AND 1700 ON 07751 673600

THE CLUB CALENDAR WILL AVAILABLE ON THE DAY AND THE SHOP WILL BE OPEN FROM 0830 AS WILL THE CATERING VAN.... AND THE MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY WILL BE ON HAND ALL DAY AS WILL THE TRACTOR REGISTRATIONS OFFICER PETER MURRAY TO ASSIST WITH QUERIES.......
[.................................[/size] Image

dexta

RE: AUCTION SUNDAY 6TH DECEMBER AT HQ

Post by dexta » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:27 pm

is there anywhere where a catalogue of expected items is available to view?
Cheers

Dex

JamesF

Post by JamesF » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:37 pm

We don't do a catalogue as most people tend not to book their items in and just turn up on the morning of the sale with their lots, we therefore never know what's going to be there.

We usually have a good selection of lots whether it be parts, tractors or books/models/literature etc

It's well worth a visit and there's always plenty of bargains to be had

dexta

Post by dexta » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:22 pm

thanks James, did think maybe it wasn't catalogued so much as just items booked in, trouble is i'm based in West Wales so thought I would check to save a wasted drive, cant be far off 6 hours to get there.
Cheers

Dex

case-ih1594

Post by case-ih1594 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:57 pm

Hi, part of the fun of the DBTC auction will be finding out what is there.

What can be assured is that the vast majority will be DB related, and there are so far several tractors and hundreds of lots expected to be offered for auction, with many of the lots probably have no reserve.

I would imagine that to catalogue the lots would be very difficult given the small scale nature of the auction and fact that it will reply on volunteers helping and items actually turning up, and make the overheads far higher.

Items will be there because people want to sell their parts as much as people will want to buy them.

8) 8)

JamesF

Post by JamesF » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:32 pm

Correct!!

Madders

Post by Madders » Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:44 pm

Weather forecast doesn't look too lousy either so I might be a happy auctioneer! ;-)

dexta

Post by dexta » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:00 pm

Yes I completely understand boys, as I said, was in case :P
If I am going, I will be dragging a trailer, only two ways I want to come home, loaded with my stuff I got or loaded up with other peoples stuff and earning diesel money, haha :)
Cheers

Dex

case-ih1594

Post by case-ih1594 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Hi, a good turn out at the Winter DBTC auction - well organised and managed. Many thanks to all concerned.

Madders

Post by Madders » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Thanks chap! Just locking up now and going for a pint!

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:55 pm

I`ll add to cash 1594`s point - another great day and the weather cleared (well after the first 30 mins anyway!!).
Didn`t see the parts bit but the memorabilia/brochure section offered at the Meltham auctions just seems to get better every time - very well pleased with my additions (some rare early stuff) to the ever growing collection.
Another great auction - Madders (Chris) doing a fine job as auctioneer and all who helped out but also to the admin gals of Andrea Jakeman and new addition Jessica Throup who have the task of the admin job pinned to desk all day.

Cheers DBTC

Andy.

DB770.DB880

Post by DB770.DB880 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:16 am

Hi Dan;
The first thing you need is a Operators Manual,

JamesF

Post by JamesF » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:42 pm

Dan1985, start a topic off using the new topic button at the top of the page and I'm sure people will respond.

There are members on here that have a deep understanding if the various hydraulic systems used on Db tractors

db2d

Post by db2d » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:19 pm

On the right hand side of the three point linkage cross shaft there is a small lever. Try moving this with the linkage in the locked up position, out towards the mud guard ( fender ) about half an inch and then down, you should hear a click. Place the maim hydraulic lever into the raise position and the hydraulic pump should work.