front wheels

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

manxmac

front wheels

Post by manxmac » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:24 am

I am trying to find a supplier of a new front wheel for my David Brown 990 Q cab 1976. The existing tyre size is 600 x19 and the Case parts lists a front wheel of 4.50e x 19 part No K947940. Massey and Ford sites list this size but there seems to be some doubt about the centres fitting the DB 990 regarding the holes and dishing of the wheel. Why do I always get the weird awkward parts!!
Thanks in advance

ollek

RE: front wheels

Post by ollek » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:05 pm

The part number K947940 is for a 4.50e x 19 rim. This rim is used together with 6.00x19 tyres. Please see ref number 22 in the following link http://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-se ... 3ar1305634

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:21 pm

New 19" front wheels appear to be now unobtainable in either 5.50 or 6.00 rim size, plenty available for Ferguson T20 tractors but these aren't any good for the purpose, they won't fit the hub either. The only option is to ring around the tractor breakers and ask if they have any good used ones that will fit your purpose, they were commonly fitted to 990's so there should be some about. The ones listed on the Case IH partstore site is listed as 'not available'.

JamesF

Post by JamesF » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Try Barcley Williams, if anyone still has them in stock I would think it would be them

John_Allen

Post by John_Allen » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:41 pm

Find someone with an MF135 and ask to try their 16" front wheel on your tractor. If it fits, order a front wheel for an MF148, which came with 19" front wheels as standard.

I seem to think that the 16 and 19 inch wheels will fit pretty well anything built in the UK - Fords, MF, IH etc all bought from the same supplier and seem to get swapped between makes quite often. There may be differences for front wheel weight mountings, but the offset and PCS for the studs is pretty standard. It's only when you start to get very wide tyres that you might have problems.

I'd agree that, while the "grey Fergy" wheels might fit the studs (MF 35's 600 x 16" wheels fit a Fergy and a 780), the wheels are rather narrow for the job!

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:34 pm

The T20 wheels are narrower and only take 4" tyres and the stud holes are different, the 19" 'Sankey' wheels have the same standard hub and stud pattern fitting as the 16" but will take a tyre no wider than a 6.00. 19" front wheels were most commonly fitted to 990's that were fitted with 14, 16 and 18x30 rears and also with 12.4/11x36.

dexta

Post by dexta » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:07 pm

there's a set on ebay if that's any help
Cheers

Dex