david brown 1690 council for purchase

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

granatiere

david brown 1690 council for purchase

Post by granatiere » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:12 pm

hello boys a council I would want to take this db used appeals to a lot even if I tried a version to me I upset but task is not the much most powerful one of the inhaled motor sees some defect gives to me to your opinions thanks

Image[/img]

db2d

RE: david brown 1690 council for purchase

Post by db2d » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:29 pm

The tractor looks excellent, there are many people in this country who would love to own one of these in good condition.

JamesF

Post by JamesF » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:50 pm

That's a lovely 1690, they don't turn up in the uk very often in that condition. I wish it was closer to home!

John_Allen

Post by John_Allen » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:50 am

Yes, it looks good. Do you mean that there might be something wrong with the engine? How many hours has it done? If it has done many, it may need some need pistons and rings - or even some work on the crankshaft!

granatiere

Re: RE: david brown 1690 council for purchase

Post by granatiere » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:15 pm

John_Allen wrote:Yes, it looks good. Do you mean that there might be something wrong with the engine? How many hours has it done? If it has done many, it may need some need pistons and rings - or even some work on the crankshaft!
memory that use the translator has perhaps not been understood what wanted to say… the motor is ok wanted experiences on the difference of power between the version upsets and that one as this I hope to otherwise take it andra in export to the countries of the east too many db does not take that road from Italy as 4300 hours are I for a long time try a 1690 but I wanted it in the version I only upset but this me seems an optimal occasion and hopes to arrive to the just price in order to take it hello says your thanks to me :D :D :D

ollek

RE: Re: RE: david brown 1690 council for purchase

Post by ollek » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:38 pm

Sorry to say, but the text the "translator" is producing is not understandable. I can not help you as I do not understand what you want to know.

case-ih1594

Post by case-ih1594 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi, I think the statement was that this is an 'inhaled' (naturally aspirated) m1690 and NOT a 'most powerful' one (Turbo 1690). The tractor looks good, but it is easy for us to say in the UK where parts are plentiful. It looks in better condition than many in the UK.

SteveCollett

Post by SteveCollett » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:54 am

Google translate leaves a lot to be desired but I don't suppose we could have offered much help if it was in Italian.
I guess inhaled actually means breathing
So it would probably be a ring issue

ollek

Post by ollek » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:08 am

Because of the really bad English I think we can only guess what the poster is asking for. I think that the only way to deal with this, is for the poster to find someone who can translate into technical English. Using any free translation programs will just produce non understandable phrases and words that do not give the information needed.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:28 am

I think that granatiere is asking what the difference in the power is between the non-turbo and the turbo 1690/94 of which the answer is, non-turbo, 95hp, turbo, 110hp.

Please don't insult the poster for 'bad English', it's not his fault that computer translation programmes are sometimes rubbish, at least he's trying. Let's try and help the chap.

granatiere

Re: RE: Re: RE: david brown 1690 council for purchase

Post by granatiere » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:31 am

SteveCollett wrote:Google translate leaves a lot to be desired but I don't suppose we could have offered much help if it was in Italian.
I guess inhaled actually means breathing
So it would probably be a ring issue
excused

engine ok no problem

1690 vs 1690 T experiences which difference :?: :?: :?: :D

JamesF

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: david brown 1690 council for purchase

Post by JamesF » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:18 pm

None turbo 1690 103 din hp
Turbo 1690 105 din hp
1694 tractor 108 din hp

broadsword

Post by broadsword » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Hopefully to answer Granatiere`s question (assuming the translators working!!) as there is very little difference in bhp/hp - what is the main difference between the turbo and non turbo???

Is it low down grunt / pulling power / ability to hang onto the revs of the turbo - never used one but there appears very little in power outputs and normal 6 cylinder has plenty of grunt/pull to start with???.

Was it just a marketing ploy by DB or were the TD`s really that much better.

Cheers

Andy

erkki

Post by erkki » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi granatiere,

If you buy the tractor, it is a good idea to contact the previous owner and ask if the engine oil pump gears have been replaced by new type (harder) ones. If no, there is a risk to oilpump and crank failure even before 5000 hours in clock.

RGDS erkki

Dieter

Post by Dieter » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:09 pm

Non turbo will be less fuel efficient I suppose at same horsepower level as the turbo engines.

1690 / 1694 engines were set around ~105HP, in order not to compete with their bigger American brothers from Case.
However, a turbo engine can be opened up by giving it some more fuel, and then 150HP (or more) is also possible.

The 1690 in the pictures looks very nice!

It all depends on what you want to do with it of course.
Is 105HP enough for you?

As said before, ask for service history and check the state and type of the engine oil pump.
When possible, measure the engine oil pressure when the engine is warm.

This 1690 has a Synchro gearbox I suppose, not the Hydrashift.
Check all gears, especially 1st gear, these can be quite worn due to not properly putting in gear / rough gearshifts.

For the rest, you have to test it as any older tractor, see if all functions work and try to find out the Service History.

Regards, Dieter