Loader valve...

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

tkevan

Loader valve...

Post by tkevan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:53 am

I now have a Elmer Landman power beyond plate mounted to my 885. With a power beyond plate, do I need an open center or power beyond valve for my loader?

ollek

RE: Loader valve...

Post by ollek » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:37 am

You need an open centre valve equipped with a serial connector. This means you will have 3 connections on the loader valve, pressure, return and cylinder return. The cylinder return is connected to the transmission lubrication port that is the third, front port on the power beyond plate or the plug on top of the rear axle on the left hand side. There are two main hydraulic systems, open centre and closed centre. There is no valves called "power beyond". Power beyond means that the oil flow is directed to en external valve and then back to the tractor hydraulic system.

tkevan

Post by tkevan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:24 am

Ollek,
I used that name because my supplier lists three types of valves, open center, closed center or power beyond, on their website. I knew I didn't want closed, but wasn't sure if I needed full pressure back to my center port on the power beyond, or if the cylinder exhaust would be enough flow. I can't seem to find a valve with two outlets, just one.

Here's the site I order from..

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics ... ol-Valves/

This is the specific valve I was looking at..

http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics ... 9-8459.axd

ollek

Post by ollek » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:59 am

You need full pressure back to the centre port on the power beyond plate as this goes to the tractor hydraulics. The "camels hump" originally fitted is in fact only a channel that takes the pump supply from the rear pipe to the centre pipe that sticks out from the rear axle. You also need a return to the front port on the power beyond plate and this return is called cylinder return in my country and is separated from the return with full pressure with a so called serial connector. Many valves have the facility for a serial connector to be fitted.

saccy

Post by saccy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi just looking at surplus shop and this could be what I looking for but it would need double acting do they do other valves or is it just what they have type of shop
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulics ... 1705-A.axd

tkevan

Post by tkevan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Give them a call. They have a Tech Help line.

saccy

Post by saccy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:32 pm

What time is it over there I suppose I could email first

tkevan

Post by tkevan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:18 pm

It's 1317 on Sunday. They'll be closed today.