1390 gearbox filter

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

saccy

1390 gearbox filter

Post by saccy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:38 pm

Hi just looking at doing the filters,have done a light search but the gearbox filter pan type on the 1390 is vastly expensive.have heard some are washable.have not had a look at mine yet.

RE: 1390 gearbox filter

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:32 pm

The washable one is the metal gauze filter below the paper one but I don't think there is one on this the 1390, unfortunately the replacement filters can be expensive but don't buy cheap for cheap sake, the quality will probably be somewhat lower. The part number for the filter is K946809.

saccy

Post by saccy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:05 pm

Hi and thanks for the quick reply.i can only seem to find the metal ones for sale,for the 1390 leading me to belive mine is metal.i hope.

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:12 pm

They look metal as they are cased in metal, solid plate top and bottom with a perforated screen running around the outside and paper inside.

ollek

Post by ollek » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:40 am

If you have a in line filter on the right hand side below the ram shaft the inlet under the transmission is a washable screen. This is very expensive to buy but there is no need to change it has not been damaged. The in line filter is a paper filter with a metal screen. Tractors without a in line filter have a suction filter under the transmission. This is a paper filter and there is no metal screen. The suction filter has a metal gauge with a magnet that is fitted below the filter.

ollek

Post by ollek » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:31 am

To be clear, the paper suction filter (if fitted) under the transmission is not cased in metal. This filter has a metal gauze with a magnet inside fitted to the bottom of the paper filter. This gauge will be the only "filter" if the paper filter gets blocked. The in line paper filter at the rear of the tractor filter is cased in metal because it has to withstand the pressure and the filter is inside a heavy bowl. In this case the inlet to the pump at the bottom of the transmission is equipped with a gauze screen with no magnet and no metal gauze below it. This inlet screen is washable. The inline filter has to be changed in these tractors, not the inlet screen. The setup in a 90-series tractor depends on how the tractor was ordered by the dealer / importer.

saccy

Post by saccy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi thanks for all this i dident want to take it off and then have to search for filters, there is the filter at the back in a long canister and they are about £25 so will get one of those.if you search for a 1390 transmission filter the only one that comes up is at £120.im just going to have to have a look.

John_Allen

Post by John_Allen » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:41 pm

The Case-IH parts site (see Web Links page from Main menu) may help:

http://partstore.caseih.com/us/parts-se ... 8ar1302986

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:31 pm

This is what should be in the bottom pan. If you check any of the boxes in the parts description list it puts a red dot on the corresponding number on the line drawing.

http://partstore.caseih.com/us//us/part ... 8ar1302835

saccy

Post by saccy » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:01 pm

This is all good stuff thanks will try and get in at weekend