DB Loader query

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

austensmith

DB Loader query

Post by austensmith » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:27 pm

Can anyone tell me if there is a loader bucket "level indicator" for DB front loader arms -?

Some makes have a parallelogram rod attached to the arm and bucket in a way that a signal arm / stub visible from the cab/ seat shows the angulation of the base of the loader bucket or fork etc
Commonly it would be a long strip of flat steel or a thin rod, positioned over pegs or swivels , and is a help when its just not possible to see the bucket base over the top edge.... - particularly important if pallet fork attachments are used so the load doesnt slip off the forks

Obviously more modern designs allow the bucket base to remain at a set angle no matter what height the arms lift to.

I have got some DB Loader literature but I havent seen anything on this - yet there are some short rounded side "pegs on the arms of my loader drilled for split or "R" clips - just as if for accepting / retaining such a device.............

?????

Cheers :(
Juvat Impigros Deus !!

DB996 4WD Digger Loader - restored
DB996 2WD - now in rehab....

manxmac

DB Loader Query

Post by manxmac » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Robert Taylor near Lancaster have a brand new original stock, ask for Michael, ace storeman and really nice guy.
Good luck

RE: DB Loader Query

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:13 pm

One of the loader bucket/fork pin flats should have a hole drilled in the long end, this is where the front end of the levelling rod connects, pivots back on a flat length to pivot again on a bracket that clamps to the loader arm just in front the arm where the ram pin goes through, on the loader arm clamp and the pivot bar there is a short bar on each that sits a bit above and across the arm and when the bucket/fork is level both these bars sit level or aligned with each other, it fits on the right hand side of the loader. The side pegs are for the loader stand to support it if you remove it from the tractor, the stand is something like a builders trestle, the type they use in pairs with walking boards on them. The levelling bar is a very useful device and well worth fitting.

case-ih1594

Post by case-ih1594 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:31 pm

The small pegs on the side are there to hold the main hydraulic lift rams. The (cranked) main loader pins have holes drilled in for this reason, so when you remove the loader (using the correct stand) you would attach the ram pins to the loader boom and reverse out. The pegs are not designed to support the loader - they are only about 1/2" wide and would snap off !

case-ih1594

Post by case-ih1594 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:45 pm

DB highway loader picture (highway spec tractors often had these as standard - money no object in those days!)
Attachments
465436.jpg
465436.jpg (107.62 KiB) Viewed 7388 times

austensmith

Post by austensmith » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Guys - what a response !

Many thanks - I'll get on to the supplier - and pics as well !!!

Great . Thanks for the trouble.

Shows what a supportive group here on the website.
Juvat Impigros Deus !!

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:24 pm

There is no weight on the pegs when the stand is employed as they are near the back, they only support the loader, it's the bucket/fork on the front that creates the balance weight, you have to leave the bucket or fork on the loader. Actually the loader is supported at the pegs under the arms, there is a U channel on each upright of the stand, the pegs are actually used as a safety device to stop the arms and stand slipping.

case-ih1594

Post by case-ih1594 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:42 pm

The pegs support the loader rams on this type of loader. Here is a scan I have just taken to 'highlight' my point. The red arrow shows the pegs I am referring to.
Attachments
loader stand.jpg
loader stand.jpg (139.77 KiB) Viewed 7343 times

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:51 pm

I see what you're saying and you're right but the support method I was describing is employed when the rams are left on the side frames, in this case the 'rings' welded on the ram housings are used to hold them upright on the tractor. Some I've seen using the pegs to 'hang' or suspend the loader from a roof beam in the barn when the loader was not needed on the tractor.

austensmith

Post by austensmith » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:05 pm

...Been on to the Robt Taylor site - there are some STABILISER bars - these look like side bracing units to beef up the rigidity of the yokes and their fitting to the chassis to prevent loosening / excessive strain with a HD Loader and higher loadings- but I cant find the bucket level indicator mentioned - I'll keep fingers crossed give them a ring

- Now I have seen the pics I seem to remember a virtually new loader on sale on the net with a "cradle' which looked a bit like but not identical to that in Case-ih1594's posted picture - name of ??? Slewtic ?? or similar.

I take the point about "suspension" method - my 2WD 996 Loader I got off by slinging it from substantial shed beams using lorry ratchet straps round the arms and kept the bucket on the floor..... worked OK but realigning to drive back in was a bit of a pain single handed - in and out of the cab like a Christmas Yo-Yo..............
Juvat Impigros Deus !!

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:10 am

I'm not sure if Slewtic manufactured the loader stand but they did make the quick attach/release loader attachment head.

case-ih1594

Post by case-ih1594 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:50 pm

Slewtic (Kendal) made a quick-release headstock, that was fitted to the DB QD90 loader that you mentioned (I saw it). The stand on this type of loader is inbuilt and carried with the loader, being two bars that support the loader and prevent it toppling over (like the earlier type always seemed to). I don't know about it being 'virtually new', it was painted up and the photo was taken in the dark, and in the rain, and it mentioned no brackets so it didn't sell.
Attachments
$(KGrHqNHJC8FFk2)zBI6BRZZ8)!Jug~~60_35.jpg
$(KGrHqNHJC8FFk2)zBI6BRZZ8)!Jug~~60_35.jpg (16.26 KiB) Viewed 7221 times

oily

Post by oily » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:42 pm

i will have a look in my dads barn i think their is one their it came off our s reg 990 when it was new my dad said it was a pain in the you no what when you weren't using DB attachments

austensmith

Post by austensmith » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Many thanks oily
Its to go on here.

/Users/austensmith/Desktop/LsonTsicon size.jpg
Juvat Impigros Deus !!

austensmith

Loader level indicator

Post by austensmith » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:42 pm