Cropmaster weights and dimensions

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

stew83

Cropmaster weights and dimensions

Post by stew83 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:12 am

Hi there
I'm looking for some info on cropmaster dimensions and weights. I live on the gold coast and have a cropmaster to pick up from toowoomba. I was thinking car trailer behind fwd
I'm just not sure if it will be within legal weight to tow/ size for trailer ect. If not I am able to take work truck, but as tractor does not have wheels on at moment it might be a struggle winching it up ramps to load. What are the rough dimensions of cropmaster width and length without wheels? Thanks in advance.
Stewart

RE: Cropmaster weights and dimensions

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:45 am

The tractor complete Stewart is 111"3/4 long, 71"1/2 in width, 55"1/4 height, 16" ground clearance. It's total weight is 29cwt and 2qrs which is 1/2cwt less than 1 Ton and a 1/2 which is 1624kg.

stew83

Post by stew83 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:24 am

Thanks for the reply. I'll just need to convert to metric then see how I go from there.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:26 am

Round it up, 112" = 9ft 4" = 2800mm. 72" = 6ft = 1800mm.

prblake

Cropmaster on a trailer

Post by prblake » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:21 pm

Stewart
According to the conversion I used the Cropmaster weighs 1500kg all up and without wheel weights. Normally you would need to be cautious as tractor tyres in Australia are usually half full of water and this weighs plenty but as your tractor is without wheels you dont need to worry about this but i think you would have serious problems dragging it on to a car trailer without wheels.

In Queensland a car trailer with overide brakes can weigh up to 2000kg so with a trailer tare of 500 to 600kg you will be right on the limit. Again without rear wheels you could probably scrape in under the limit. If you have electric brakes then the trailer will be rated to 3000kg I think. I tow my Cropmaster on a standard size car trailer behind a Nissan Navarra without problem but it certainly lets you know it is there.

Paul
Attachments
IMG_1573.JPG
IMG_1573.JPG (114.47 KiB) Viewed 7674 times

stew83

Post by stew83 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:28 am

Thanks for that info Paul. I was already thinking it would be tight weight wise for the car trailer, as it's a hire 1 it would only have override brakes.
The wheels are with the tractor just not on it, it will prob be easier if I get time to go there and fit them back on. Weight wise it might be safer to take work truck rated to 6000 kg.

willieydb

Post by willieydb » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:09 am

That`s a bit under 1 metric Tonnes. (circa 50kg to the cwt)
You must be a young fella
Fully equipped with cast wheels would be about 1 & 1/2 tonnes.
Normal car carrying trailer behind your ute no worries

nate

Post by nate » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi you will tow it safely with ease,I've towed my 990 on a car trailer,with cast rear centres and 5' Howard slasher(way heavier than a croppy)The trailer bottomed out a few times,the trailer didn't wander at 90km/hr and cruised along behind the F350 like a dream.
Cheers Nate

prblake

Cropmaster Weight

Post by prblake » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:49 pm

I was referring to waht you can legally carry with overide brakes in Queensland which is what Stewart was asking about.

stew83

RE: Cropmaster Weight

Post by stew83 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:37 am

Hi folks,
Finally managed to get time to get cropmaster back from toowoomba at weekend. After sitting out for 30 years it's surprising how good shape the tinwork and wheels are in. It's an early model with round front end and it has 6 speed box. Unfortunately at the moment the engine is seized. The serial no is p19535 and engine no22242. If anyone is able to date it for me that would be good. Il try and post some pics when I het chance.
Thanks stewart

RE: Cropmaster Weight

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:28 am

Your Cropmaster 6 speed Stewart was manufactured in the first half of 1949.