Vak 1 age help

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

ruggedrob

Vak 1 age help

Post by ruggedrob » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:30 pm

Hi I'm quite new here
What I'm after us a bit of info if possible
I have a 1940 vak 1 its serial number is 1124 and on the original v5 it says 23
April 1940. It has no dates on the casting as I did here somewhere that they
Didn't do this on the early ones? Also have one cast centre on the front that I
Assume was original to the tractor
Just wondering if there is many about of this age. I also have one other vak 1
But this is later as footwell is flat no indent and it has the cast strip in the Chanel
By engine block. This is not all there will be in need of some panels etc but it'll
Get there
Thanks Rob

prblake

VAK1 Age

Post by prblake » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:30 pm

According to Condie and Melloy the first VAK1 was numbered 1001 in July 39 and the first and last tractors for 1940 were 1050 and 1999 respectively.

So the date on the V5 sounds about right if you assume the tractor was manufactured a little before that.

Nice early one you have there. We would love to see some photos.

Paul

ruggedrob

RE: VAK1 Age

Post by ruggedrob » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Got to get her back up together still bit rough at min I did her up when I was 17 had a lot to learn about painting etc then. But will get some photo sorted. She had a hard life before my grandad had her on forestry and I would say she be on her side or a tree or two leaning against her from the dents.
Rob