where you live

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

raymondjtownend

where you live

Post by raymondjtownend » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:18 am

:roll: hi has most people know 90% of dbtractors went over seas it is disapointing that a small number have put where they live i would have liked it better if every body filled in the register bit

joeproctor

where you live

Post by joeproctor » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:26 pm

hi folks,i was alittle disappointed myself by this,and since the posting no one has added where they live ,it is hard to tell a man from canada or new zealand that he can get parts from halfords just round the corner to fit his db,like raymond said 90% of dbs went overseas ,i dont expect you to put on your street name and number for obvious security reasons but your nearest town and country would be nice in fact it should have made compulsory for this reason alone then every one could see and a poll could be established,
regards
joe

joeproctor

where you live

Post by joeproctor » Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:39 pm

forgot to point out it would also be nice if you could put your occupation on as well, i get allwalks of life visiting my workshop ,doctors solicitors retired , young school boys and girls,even ladies from equestrian centres,this makes it easy to explain a particular aspect of repairing some thing because of assuming that you are skilled and just need reminding when you are a pen pusher (no disrespect to the pen pusher),so again go back into your profile and just enlighten all your db enthusiasts just 'who we are talking to'
regards
joe

Madders

RE: where you live

Post by Madders » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:47 pm

I'm a hairy a***d trucker from Huddersfield and I'm going to be your daddy.
:mrgreen:

joeproctor

where you live

Post by joeproctor » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:52 pm

theres always one ,yes one ----t

jimont

Post by jimont » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:06 pm

jimont -
We farm in Southern Ontario, approx. 30 miles south of Hamilton, near Lake Erie. We have a 990 and 880 Selectamatics, with the rest of our stable being Fords, 8N,Super Dexta,5200 and 5600. Also restoring a 1953 MH Mustang.

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:30 am

Good idea! Just updated my profile.....

FH

Post by FH » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:52 am

truck Mechanic from B.C.CANADA!
I have posted several times on the old fourm but this is my first post here. :)
72 DB 880 livedrive

joeproctor

where you live

Post by joeproctor » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:12 am

well the response was great but you need to register in the 'memberslist' because your post in the general forum will only last for a short period then it will be removed.
regards
joe

RitchieLeslie

Another expat in Canada

Post by RitchieLeslie » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:40 pm

OK, Joe

I did fill in the location bit. I think it's a good idea.

I live and work full time in downtown Toronto as a sales manager for a software company. I farmed as a kid in Scotland on a farm outside Kilbarchan in Renfrewshire (now called Stathclyde...). Dairy, MF 135 and MF35's. Been in Canada since 1980.

I have a "hobby" farm of 90 acres outside Peterborough, Ontario. Grass fed Hereford beef, in partnership with a real farmer. I have a 990 Selectamatic, owned it for about 5 or 6 years.

I've always enjoyed tinkering with mechanical stuff and do much of my own maintenance (in the summer) on a 92 VW Jetta diesel as well as the 990. Just added a 1983 Mercedes 300sd diesel to the fleet as well....

ttpilot

RE: Another expat in Canada

Post by ttpilot » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:32 pm

Another Canadian !! Have two Db Cropmasters a 49 and a 53 great site here hope everyone updates Doug

joeproctor

where you live

Post by joeproctor » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:27 pm

WE HAVE ALMOST 250 MEMBERS SIGNED UP TO THIS FORUM HOW DISAPPOINTING TO SEE THAT MOST MEMBERS DON'T GIVE A LITTLE PROFILE ON THEMSELVES, WHERE YOU LIVE, OCCUPATION,OTHER INTEREST, ETC,
FOR SECURITY REASONS YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PUT ALL YOUR ADDRESS DOWN JUST THE NEAREST TOWN -COUNTRY WOULD BE A GREAT HELP WHEN ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS!

mitch

Post by mitch » Mon May 01, 2006 1:54 am

Great site. DB 1210 owner from Australia.
non-Q 1975 1210 2wd
model# 1210/1 728931
engine# AD4/55A 26193

1975 1412 2wd
model# 1412/1 1050623
engine# 455011 120673

WVAussie

Post by WVAussie » Tue May 02, 2006 7:36 pm

I am a transplanted Aussie in Wardensville West Virginia USA. I am the new owner of a 1410 4x4 that has been neglected. Mental Health counsellor, Porcelain refinisher and Sawyer are what pay the bills. The 1410 will be used in the woods and around the mill.