What a load of ***********

The place to discuss all matters relating to David Brown Tractors. You will need to register your user name before you can post. If you have already registered could you please make sure that your location details have been completed. Go to My Account in the Main Menu on the left, and then go into "Edit Your Information" and complete your location details. Give the Country (and State/Province if you wish) if outside the U.K. County if within the U.K. Location details helps other members if you need spares, technical advice, or the nearest practical help.

DISCLAIMER -

David Brown Tractor Club Ltd
Forum/website Disclaimer

1. This [forum/website/chat room] and the advice and opinions expressed herein is not a solution for mechanical, electrical, valuations, other problems, breakdowns or issues experienced in relation to the vehicles referenced.

2. If reliance is thought to be placed on any of the information guidance or input provided such information will be expressly confirmed as appropriate to be relied upon.

3. In the absence of any such confirmation no reliance should be suggested or inferred.

4. Members must not disclose information to 3rd parties in anticipation that reliance will be given by non-members.

5. Non-members must not purport to give advice on behalf of David Brown Tractor Club.

6. If you or someone you know is experiencing difficulties or repeated breakdowns you must seek assistance for an appropriately qualified expert who holds themselves out as such.

7. Any comments are free of charge and made or posted on an ex gratia basis. No member or non-member may advertise their professional services

Any user inactive for more than 3 months will automatically be deactivated, please contact admin@dbtc.co.uk if you would like to be reactivated.

Please be aware that your user name and entered location can be seen by all members. We only store information you have entered which is your email address and username, your IP is also stored, we have no access to private passwords.

If you do not agree with your information being stored, please do not register an account, If you wish to unsubscribe at any time please email admin@dbtc.co.uk giving your username.

Amended 27/10/18

Moderators: Segrie61, admin

geoff_52

What a load of ***********

Post by geoff_52 » Mon May 28, 2012 12:02 am

You would'nt believe it!!!!! Fitted a loader to my 1490 a few months ago, went to re insure it friday with the same insurance company, and told them that I had fitted a DB loader to it(as you should notify any new modifications made to vehicle)they asked me if it was fitted by an engineering company I said no and told them that I had fitted it my self, and they told me they can't insure me untill I have the tractor inspected and an engineers report to say it has been fitted correctly, Am I missing something here or are they trying to loose my custom or what,looks like a trip to Doe's next week, good job I did'nt tell them I had the rear wheels off to fit tyres to them a while ago :lol:

885mac

RE: What a load of boll--ks

Post by 885mac » Mon May 28, 2012 8:13 am

Hope not im up for renewal next month!

DB780

Post by DB780 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:25 am

I had my renewal form on Saturday and they have snook in a new clause. Apparently if they cannot find a similar tractor to the one insured, if mine is stolen or written off, they will only pay the price I paid for it not the current market value. I will ring around and see if they are now all the same.

bedwards1966

Post by bedwards1966 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:46 am

Called insurance.
A crooked business, and a general PITA.

intimidator

Post by intimidator » Mon May 28, 2012 3:27 pm

be carefull with insurance company's, they will do anything to wriggle out of a claim!!
my son was involved in a slight car accident, just damage to both front ends, no injuries at the time, but a week later both the driver and passenger had whiplash!!....
so the insurance company came to see my son, they asked him all sorts of questions, nothing to do with the accident, what they were trying to do, was to see if he had failed to declare anything on his application document, so that they could walk away from it, saying he wasnt insured because he hadn't fully declared everything, as it was, my son was totally honest on his application, so they couldnt find anything, so now, and only now, they have decided to take on the claim!!!!
so please be warned!!
thank you to everyone who has helped me with my 1210, its very much appreciated.

John_Allen

Post by John_Allen » Mon May 28, 2012 3:52 pm

A few years ago, a friend was driving along a main road and intending to turn right onto an industrial estate. There was a LH junction just before the RH one and a car pulled straight out into the side of him!

The insurance company wanted to go 50-50!! They even threatened my friend with a "Careless Driving" charge if he fought their decision. Needless to say, when pushed, they backed down - there was at least one independent witness (a pedestrian) who said it wasn't my friend's fault!

I wrote my Golf off last month, the insurance (Direct Line) have been excellent - though I will lose NCB as we can't find which t*** let the cobble fall off his wagon! The new car (a Golf!!) came with "optional" alloys - even though it had steel wheels on when I tested it. I phoned the insurance and they were happy to add that bit of info - at no extra on the premium. I bet they'd have said something different if I'd had a prang and not mentioned the wheels!!

jimc1390

Post by jimc1390 » Mon May 28, 2012 7:22 pm

fibbing to a insurance company is bad news, you might as well have no insurance, had great fun explaining to the life insurance chap i climb down ropes into old mines for a hobby!!!

im narked off with nfu who else is decent
db 990 selectamatic
case ih 1594 com ed
db 1390 gd90 loader

DB780

Post by DB780 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:36 pm

jimc1390 wrote:fibbing to a insurance company is bad news, you might as well have no insurance, had great fun explaining to the life insurance chap i climb down ropes into old mines for a hobby!!!

im narked off with nfu who else is decent
It's the NFU that I'm insured with or perhaps was.

Madders

Post by Madders » Mon May 28, 2012 8:55 pm

This rings back to the pick up renewal mess from last week...... as an update:-

got the thing the same cover with £250 excess covered for my agricultural comings and going, trailer, [pulling kit about etc etc £492 inc legal exp. and insurance premium tax..... no the good bit!
When I first asked the local NFU office for a better price they only lopped £80 from the first ludicrous price, then when I called for my NCB proof they said they'd match any lower quote!!! sod that, treachery is treachery.... The new compnay are Harold Woolgar in Epworth nr Doncaster and were recommended by an old college friend. It seems on asking about quite a lot of my farming cohorts have moved policies over there......
[.................................[/size] Image

dj

Post by dj » Tue May 29, 2012 12:11 am

Had exactly that conversation a few weeks ago:
"Sorry mate, you had your chance to give a competitive quote. I'm off"

DB780

Post by DB780 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:40 am

Update on my NFU post. I contacted them and apparently I mis-interpreted "we will pay you the price you paid for the vehicle" to the price I paid for the tractor when I bought it, how silly of me! They will actually pay the market value.

JJT

Post by JJT » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:35 pm

My insurance renewal has just come through too.
I wouldn't touch NFU with a barge pole after they declined me last year (my first year of tractor ownership) due to being too high a risk ... one blame accident and two non-blame accidents in bad weather ... I was wanting to insure a 1949 Cropmaster! Hardly high risk! From this topic, it sounds like others have suffered from a perceived change in their strategy too.

My current insurer cranked the cost up from £45 to £60, so thought I'd try some others - that's when I saw this topic.
Following Madders' recommendation, I tried Harold Woolgar too ... spoke to 'Harold' (I assume he's the main man) and was quoted £60 matching my renewal quote - but he sounded like such a like-minded enthusiast, I too have changed.

So, to add to Madders' post, it's not just his 'farming cohorts' who are changing to Harold Woolgar, it's us enthusiasts and road-runners too. I can highly recommend them.